Statistical data on philanthropy in Australia is difficult to obtain and is not comprehensive, as research is carried out only intermittently and as there are no public reporting requirements for many Australian organisations.
Commonly Requested Statistics
Philanthropic Trusts and Foundations
- Number of philanthropic trusts and foundations in Australia: estimated at approximately 5000.
- Amount given by Australian trusts and foundations: estimated by Philanthropy Australia as between 1/2 billion and $1 billion per annum
- Total giving, including to non-tax-deductible organisations was estimated by the Giving Australia report as $7.7 billion from individuals - 13.4 million people, or 87% of adult Australians, in the year to January 2005.
- In the 2008-09 income year, individuals claimed $2,093 million in deductible gifts, a decrease of 10.8% on the previous year.
- Total business giving including sponsorship: estimated by the Giving Australia report as $3.2 billion from 525,900 businesses, or 67% of all businesses in the 2003-04 financial year
Further refine your browsing:
You may wish to refine your browsing by viewing pages specific to the areas listed below as subcategories.
There is one subcategory to this category.
All pages contained within "Statistics"
There are 58 pages contained within this category.